moving thunar to gtk3

André Miranda andre42m at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 03:53:33 CEST 2017

As we have discussed at #xfce-dev, I created a github fork
(github.com/andreldm/thunar), applied the changes from
rgcjonas/thunar-gtk3 on top of the current master and made two small
fixes to make it compile again. Taking a quick look, things are mostly
working, I could only spot broken icons when using Compact List and
Icons views. I think that the job now is to assess the regressions (and
fix them) and handle the deprecations warnings (not the most urgent
task, but very welcome).

So I propose to anyone that wishes to collaborate to fork my fork and
make pull requests (or ask me push rights if you will) then eventually
we should be able to get thunar in shape to merge with master @
git.xfce.org.

Cheers,
Andre Miranda