moving thunar to gtk3

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Fri Apr 14 22:23:16 CEST 2017

Hi Alex,

that's great!
Please note that Thunar isn't very stable as it is in Gtk2, mostly
threading stuff as far as I can tell.

There are various efforts which have been undertaken by different people,
there is a fairly old but probably ok approach from Nick on git.xfce.org
and there are also two (unfinished?) ports on github. So the first job
would be evaluating those efforts and merging them meaningfully.
Furthermore you'll face several design decisions, e.g. regarding custom
widgetry or exo.

Providing your work on github is a good start.

You should definitely join the irc channel though, helps with getting
answers and hopefully guidance at times. Please be patient though, people
aren't always around.

Cheers
Simon