xfce-display-settings

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Wed Dec 3 23:58:58 CET 2014

On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 16:02:35 -0500
Jate Sujjavanich <jatedev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am unable to set my monitor resolution via
> xfce4-display-settings.
>
> I ran xfsettingsd in debug mode:
>
> XFSETTINGSD_DEBUG=1 xfsettingsd --replace
> --no-daemon
>
> It reports via displays that it detected my
> primary hdmi monitor:
>
>      xfce4-settings(displays): Detected output
> 62 CRTC 62. xfce4-settings(displays): Detected
> output 63 DISP3 BG.
>
> I ran xfconf-settings -c displays -m to monitor
> settings changes.
>
> Finally, I ran xfce4-display-settings. Also, I
> accessed it from the Settings Manager. The
> xfsettingsd and xfconf-query debug outputs
> report nothing.
>
> I can however set some keyboard settings and I
> see output indicating that it works.
>
> Hopefully, someone can give me some more
> suggestions.
>

> Thanks!
>
> - Jate S.

On my Slackware 14.1 Linux system I use the
xrandr program. Here are my variants:
xrandr1024
xrandr1920
xrandr640
xrandr800
and here is the text for xrandr1024, my usual one:

xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --mode 1024x768 --fb
1920x1080 --panning 1920x1080

Your use will have different parameters depending
on your equipment. Use
xrandr
without any parameters to find out what is
possible on your system.

--
John Culleton
Wexford Press