xfce-display-settings

Jate Sujjavanich jatedev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:02:35 CET 2014

I am unable to set my monitor resolution via xfce4-display-settings.

I ran xfsettingsd in debug mode:

XFSETTINGSD_DEBUG=1 xfsettingsd --replace --no-daemon

It reports via displays that it detected my primary hdmi monitor:

     xfce4-settings(displays): Detected output 62 CRTC 62.
     xfce4-settings(displays): Detected output 63 DISP3 BG.

I ran xfconf-settings -c displays -m to monitor settings changes.

Finally, I ran xfce4-display-settings. Also, I accessed it from the
Settings Manager. The xfsettingsd and xfconf-query debug outputs report
nothing.

I can however set some keyboard settings and I see output indicating that
it works.

Hopefully, someone can give me some more suggestions.

Thanks!

- Jate S.