Considering moving to transifex.com
nick at xfce.org
Sun Jun 23 23:36:37 CEST 2013
I'm considering moving away from our private transifex installation
and moving everything to transifex.com. Beside the fact that there are
no updates for the version we use, the new interface looks much better
and it also does better upload checks because there are really a lot
of problems in the translations (msgfmt --check is often not passed).
In the current state I'm still experimenting with the scripts and
fiddling with transifex.com, but a bit of a summary on how the
migration will look and stuff will work:
- For all projects I'll push the translations ONCE that pass the
msgfmt check. If they don't, they will be removed from git and moved
to a public location so a translator can fix them and upload them
manually on transifex.com.
- After that I'm going to cleanup the translations that are below 80%
completion (remove them from the repository). They will be pulled in
again after they will reach a higher level of completion.
- A script will check for translation changes in the code, and push a
new pot file to the transifex server (bit like it works now). This
should also notify you guys for changes (the watches).
- When a translation is updated on transifex.com it will be pushed to
the git repo automatically. There will be a constrains here on a
minimum completed percentage of 80% before they are added to the git
- The script making the commits will also collect (extract
Last-Translator) credits for the about dialog and website. All authors
will be shown who made contributions in the last year.
- translations.xfce.org will be taken offline and everybody needs to
signup at transifex.com.
I'll keep you posted on the progress and will let everybody know when
the move if official. In the mean time if you have ideas, let me know.
More information about the Xfce4-dev