Howdy

Jérôme Guelfucci jeromeg at xfce.org
Thu Aug 30 21:10:41 CEST 2012

On 30/08/12 17:06, Marr wrote:
> On Thursday 30 August 2012 08:27:59 Andrzej wrote:
>> Xfce definitely
>> needs more contributors. And I don't mean just programmers - even
>> finding a native English speaker to proof read our release notes turned
>> out to be a problem.
>
> Hi, Andrzej...
>
> Just curious... Was a request for a proof-reader sent out on any of the Xfce
> mailing lists?
>
> A couple of years back, Mike Massonnet requested a review by a native English
> speaker for user documentation for the task manager and I supplied him with my
> suggested corrections.
>
> I am an experienced programmer but also have a good command of my native
> English language, so I'd be happy to provide a review of whatever needs
> reviewing. I just never saw any request for such review, but that could be
> because I'm subscribed to the Xfce 'general' and 'dev' lists but not the
> 'i18n' list.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Marr

Hello,

I don't think there was an official request for proof-reading but given
how slowly the code base evolves nowadays, I think it would not be a
waste of time. Suggestions for improvements to the git master branch are
always welcome!

English readers are also needed to extend the documentation which needs
a lot of work!

Regards,

Jérôme