HI ALL

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.name
Fri Aug 24 01:08:07 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 03:23:37AM +0430, Danial Parsi wrote:
> i planing for write a identi.ca/twitter client for xfce , its simple thing
> i know i can do , but if there is anything else i can do , i'll be very
> happy to help.

Hi,

you might want to take a look at the code of the microblog plugin
for libpurple: http://code.google.com/p/microblog-purple/
It doesn't seem to be actively maintained anymore though.
A patch I submitted some time ago received no reply:
http://code.google.com/p/microblog-purple/issues/detail?id=260
Also, it lacks commands to do more on identica than posting,
e.g. it doesn't seem to handle replies properly and it cannot post
to a specific group. So it would be great to have a more functional
identica client for xfce.

However, if identica enabled their XMPP gateway again that would be
even nicer because it would integrate with the jabber client I'm
already running. Until then though, a custom client that uses their
API would be nicer than having to use the web interface.