XFCE 4.6 ALPHA - Pinkie is coming

jp.guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Mon Aug 18 16:20:55 CEST 2008

Stephan Arts wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> Lets release Pinkie :-)
>>>
>> Humm, no, I disagree. It does not make much sense to me to release
>> what we have right now, there is little that work as expected. This is
>> not even alpha code IMO.
>>

> According to the milestones page, pinkie is a release dryrun... A
> 'look, we can actually release this shit' - release.
>
> AFAIK, an ALPHA is not feature-complete, and does not need to work
> perfectly. -- Both of which apply to xfce-trunk :-)

AFAIK :
- an ALPHA should be feature complete, it usually have known bugs and
requires some polishing and code cleaning.
- a BETA is usually supposed to have bugs, and requires user testing to
find them.
- a RC doesn't have any **known** bug and has to be tested to confirm
that it's mostly bugfree .

I don't want to troll, it's just my 2 cents ;)