Other things that need to be fixed before RC3

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Thu Aug 7 23:30:08 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 09:08, edscott wilson garcia wrote:

> Although you are technically correct here, Benny, there is no piece of
> software anywhere which is not broken in some way or another. If
> workarounds are to be banned you make the software depend on developers
> from another project who might care less. This can delay development
> indefinitely. If a bug is encountered and a workaround possible and
> opted for, the bug should be reported to the developers of the original
> software and the workaround removed when there is no more need for it.

	FWLIW, I think that a balance needs to be reached for any issue like
this.  We all would prefer a "no hacks" solution but, as Edscott pointed
out, this isn't practical in the real world.  The focus right now should
be on getting 4.0 released.  If a hack is needed for that then it's a
Good Thing<tm>.   Finding an elegant solution can be left for 4.2.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.