Caps lock on-screen indicator? [RESOLVED]

Randy Dunlap rdunlap at infradead.org
Fri Apr 1 02:38:02 CEST 2022

On 3/31/22 16:43, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2022, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>
>> I've never used a plugin for xfce4 - how would I get this and apply it?
>
> Mark,
>
> Randy provided the URL for the keyboard LEDs plugin. Open that page in your
> web browser, click the Files button and download the .zip file.
>
> Unzip it.
>
> Change to that directory and type, without the quote marks, 'autogen.sh';
> press the [Enter] key.
>
> When autogen is finished, type (again without quotes) 'configure', then
> 'make'. Then use 'sudo make install' or su -c 'make install' to have root
> install it.

That 'install' step should make the kbdleds binary (package) visible
to Xfce4.

> After that I've the same question: putting the plugin on panel2. I added
> another launcher, opened its properties, clicked on the red + to add an
> application but could not find the kbdleds application. (I might have missed
> it with all the KDE stuff that's presented and I was looking for
> xfce-kbdleds.)

I think this is what I did (not 100% sure though):

In Xfce4 settings, go to Panel, then click Items, then Add.
That should list a bunch on options to add to the Panel:
choose Kbdleds Plugin.

All done. It should show up somewhere on the panel row.
Should be movable if needed.

HTH.
--
~Randy