Thunar 1.6.3

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 19 02:35:57 CET 2014

My apologies Victor,

however, I suspect Hartmut needs to use strace or gdb to get
information about what is happening. A Thunar developer should chime in
and explain Hartmut what Hartmut should do, to provide the information
the coder needs. Perhaps .xsession-errors doesn't provide enough
information.

This might or might not be useful too:

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ thunar --help-all
[snip]
  --g-fatal-warnings       Make all warnings fatal
[snip]

Installing

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/strace

http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/thunar-dbg
http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/gdb

doesn't harm. I suspect there are Ubuntu Wikis how to use strace and
gdb, if not Arch Wikis might help.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Step_By_Step_Debugging_Guide#Strace

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Debug_-_Getting_Traces#Getting_the_trace

Regards,
Ralf

--
Marge Simpson: We used to call ourselves the Cool Moms.

Bart Simpson: There is nothing cooler than calling yourself cool.