Switching workspaces with dual monitors

Petter Adsen petter at synth.no
Thu Dec 18 11:22:05 CET 2014

I recently bought a second monitor, and set it up with no problems.
However, when I switch workspace on one screen, the other screen also
switches. Is it possible to switch workspace on only one screen at a
time, and still be able to drag windows from one screen to the other?

I've been googling and searching forums and mailing list archives, and
not found much, except suggestions to try xmonad. And I would, if I
wanted a tiling wm.

FYI, I'm using 4.10 on Xubuntu 14.10 on an AMD card with the radeon
driver.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Petter