Why do I get messages in Xfce Terminal Emulator ?

Renaud OLGIATI (Ron) renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Wed Dec 10 15:36:47 CET 2014

Situation: Xfce Terminal Emulator (0.4.8) open on one desktop; Pcmanfm open on another; I click on a .mp4 file which opens (by default) with VLC (2.0.3).

Whereupon I start getting annoying messages in the active tab of my Terminal Emulator, like the following:

ron at ron:/media $ VLC media player 2.0.3 Twoflower (revision 2.0.2-93-g77aa89e)
[0xe94fe8] dbus interface: listening on dbus as: org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.vlc
[0xdca108] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.

It does not happen if the active tab is one where I am logged in as root.

Why do I get those ?

Can I stop this ? How ?

Cheers,

Ron.

PS Running Debian-7.7.0-amd64-xfce
--
       There is hardly anything in the world that some men cannot make
                a little bit worse and sell a little cheaper,