How to stop liferea from auto-running?

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Wed Dec 10 07:35:33 CET 2014

Hi all,

I have the misfortune to live where satellite internet, with its
metered bandwidth, is my only option for internet access. For that
reason, I need to prevent liferea from auto-starting when I log on,
and I've just not been able to find how to do it.

I'm using Debian Wheezy 64-bit, and that means XFCE 4.8 (according to
the 'About XFCE' option). I have checked under settings | session and
startup, and liferea is NOT selected there to autostart, or to restart
in a new session. I've also checked the liferea man pages and EVERY
tab in its configuration, and I can find nothing which suggests that
it should autostart.

Can anybody point me in the right direction? Having to go straight to
the system monitor and abort liferea and all the wgets which have been
queued by the time I get there is getting to be a bit of a PITA.

Thanks,

Brian.