xfce4 display settings

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Tue Dec 9 00:49:16 CET 2014

Hey list,

I have a dual head workstation. One LCD is plugged into a DVI port and
the other into a DisplayPort on the same VGA.

I also have an external Onkyo A/V receiver that is connected to this
VGA's HDMI port which I only use for streaming audio to. The latter
shows up in the Xfce4 Display Settings panel as ONKYO Corporation 32".

However, every time it is powered on or detected on the port, the Xfce4
Display Settings appear to be reset and sometimes my LCD layout is
messed until I restore it manually in the Display Settings panel and
re-disable the A/V receiver.

Despite the device unselected for "Use this display" (Disabled),
sometimes Xfce seems to randomly re-enable it in situations like the
above.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm not actually disabling it (as
a display device) properly.

Suggestions welcome =)

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer