Mouse parameters

dAgeCKo dagecko at free.fr
Fri Nov 23 15:24:28 CET 2012

Hello,

I didn't wanted to post to the devel mailing list, since it is not about
XFCE development, but more about development when using XFCE as the
window manager/desktop. So appology me if it's not the good one (and I
didn't subscribed to the devel mailing list).

So, here is my problem.

I create simple windows using X11 from where I get the events (mouse and
keyboard). In fact, I make a game.
At every start, I store the mouse parameters with this function:

XGetPointerControl

However, this function always put the same values: 1, 1 and 0
respectively to the numerator, denominator and treshold values of the
mouse. And even if I change the mouse values from the XFCE mouse
parameter window. So I wonder what could the problem be.
I did not tested with another desktop since I don't want to install fat
desktop like Gnome or KDE (and maybe the result I will have will then be
wrong too). And I did not want to try other simpler WM for now (I had
issues with enlightenment for example).

My questions are:

Does XFCE stores these mouse parameters somewhere else (and so always
set XChangePointerControl to 1,1,0 ?

Or is it not normal, and so can it be a bug ? If so, I am using Debian
wheezy AMD 64, so I have XFCE 4.8 (not 4.10) and I can't move to 4.10.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.