Removing akonadi

Neil Winchurst neilwin at drofle.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 17:10:44 CET 2012

On 19/11/12 13:15, Andreas Rönnquist wrote:

> I don't know KDE/QT dependencies, or if kgpg has some special
> integration with your choosen browser or any other special features
> that you would need, but the GNU Privacy Assistant (GPA) is a GTK
> interface for gpg which integrates nicely with Xfce, and doesn't have
> any dependencies that is out of place on a Xfce system.
>
> I don't know if it fits your needs, but it might be worth a try.
>
> -- Andreas Rönnquist
> mailinglists at gusnan.se
> gusnan at gusnan.se

Thanks for that. I have used KDE for years but I am fed up with the way
it has gone recently so I am now using Maya Xfce. I do know Xfce quite
well. I had hoped to get away from akonadi altogether, so I am working
on it.

I will certainly have a look at GPA. I have used kgpg up to now simply
because it was there so to speak, and I was using KDE anyway. But I am
quite happy to try something else.

Regards

Neil