Removing akonadi

Mon Nov 19 14:15:56 CET 2012

On 19 november 2012 12:43, Neil Winchurst<neilwin at drofle.co.uk> wrote:
> One reason for moving to Xfce from KDE was to get away from akonadi
> which can cause problems. Installing Maya Xfce I expected that
> akonadi would not be present. It is. Checking I find that the reason
> seems to be that I use kalarm and kgpg. Apparently these require
> akonadi.
>
> So is this true? If I remove akonadi will these packages fail? And if
> so can I replace kgpg with a package which will encrypt my files as
> well as kgpg but without needing akonadi.
>
> I can easily replace kalarm of course, it is kgpg which is the query.

I don't know KDE/QT dependencies, or if kgpg has some special
integration with your choosen browser or any other special features
that you would need, but the GNU Privacy Assistant (GPA) is a GTK
interface for gpg which integrates nicely with Xfce, and doesn't have
any dependencies that is out of place on a Xfce system.

I don't know if it fits your needs, but it might be worth a try.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se
gusnan at gusnan.se