bug

Ray Andrews rayandrews at eastlink.ca
Mon Nov 19 00:18:06 CET 2012

On 18/11/12 12:47 PM, Worrier Poet wrote:

Worrier,

Tx for ideas, will check out.  For now, I've narrowed it down to the
*.png files--when I delete them from my theme, all is fine.
> If the session is being saved when you log out, you might try unchecking
> that option to see if that changes the behavior next time you log in.
Killing the  session doesn't help.
> And did you try changing the theme under appearances to see if that has
> any effect?
Will try it.

> Also, have you tried logging in under another user account to see if you
> see the same behavior there? If the problem doesn't occur under a
> freshly created user account, then the issue could be caused by nothing
> more than a corruption in the session you're running under your regular
> user account.
Same thing with root, and it's not the session, that's for sure.
> One other point re the "brutal disk cleanup" -- deleting themes, icons,
> backgrounds, and other such stuff really doesn't save you much space. I
> understand the desire to rid oneself of the clutter of options that
> you'll never use, but sometimes this can lead to unpredictable results
> -- especially when upgrades are applied to a system. Except under
> special circumstances I try to make all alterations to the file
> complement of the system (other than those files under my user profiles)
> via the package manager.
Yeah, but I hate clutter.  I know it's dangerous but I take my chances.
I always have a backup tho. Whatever caused it, I have the needed files
if I could just figure out which they are.