Slow scrolling in Terminal

Tyler Durden tylerdu at bounced.me
Tue Nov 13 10:04:05 CET 2012

On 13.11.2012 04:33, Ray Andrews wrote:
> On 12/11/12 06:01 PM, Tyler Durden wrote:
>>
>> Actually, I notice heavy slowdown only with binary driver. Nouveau
>> worked fine even with the unpatched libcairo. But, I have other issues
>> with nouveau atm, so have to wait until that is solved before trying
>> it again.
>>
>> If scrolling is slow even with nouveau, then you actually stumbled on
>> some other problem. Hopefully someone else can help you then.
>>
>> Yeah, linux video drivers are still a mess...
> I've had zero luck with installing the nvidia, the installer won't even
> run, it says '/tmp' is not executable, and nothing seems able to fix
> that.

Try to solve this with mount -o remount,exec /tmp (at least until
drivers compile). Although I see I also have a noexec mounted /tmp, but
building nvidia goes without trouble (debian packages, dkms).

You could also try TMPDIR=/var/tmp; export TMPDIR in terminal in which
you're about to build the driver, but that's not guaranteed to work.
--
Tyler