ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.2 released

jEsuSdA 8) listas at jesusda.com
Mon Nov 12 17:46:46 CET 2012

El 12/11/12 12:28, Klaus Dittrich escribió:
> A wish of mine, may be an improvement for others as well.
>
> I have large directories with a lot of files and sub directories.
> I often need the name of a file or directory as text to include
> it in a document.
>
> Doing this in a shell under X11 is fast an easy.
>
> I type ls -d "e*" for example, double click at the filename
> "example.txt" an have the filename in the cut buffer.
> Another mouse click and I have it included in my document or another
> shell.
>
> With Thunar I am not able to do the same in an compareable easy and
> fast way.

Hello Klaus,

You can do this with Personalized Actions.

You must add a new Personalized action with these params:

Name: Copy URL
Command: echo -n %f | xclip -selection clipboard

File pattenrn: *
Appears if selection contains: mark all options (Directories, Text
Files, etc.)

Asign an icon and...

Voilá! You can select a file or dir and get the complete url on your
clipboard, ready to paste everywhere. ;)

Note: you must have xclip installed.

Good luck! ;)
Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)