ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.2 released

Klaus Dittrich kladit at arcor.de
Mon Nov 12 18:13:48 CET 2012

Am 11/12/12 17:46, schrieb jEsuSdA 8):
> El 12/11/12 12:28, Klaus Dittrich escribió:
>> A wish of mine, may be an improvement for others as well.
>>
>> I have large directories with a lot of files and sub directories.
>> I often need the name of a file or directory as text to include
>> it in a document.
>>
>> Doing this in a shell under X11 is fast an easy.
>>
>> I type ls -d "e*" for example, double click at the filename
>> "example.txt" an have the filename in the cut buffer.
>> Another mouse click and I have it included in my document or another
>> shell.
>>
>> With Thunar I am not able to do the same in an compareable easy and
>> fast way.
>>

> Hello Klaus,
>
> You can do this with Personalized Actions.
>
> You must add a new Personalized action with these params:
>
> Name: Copy URL
> Command: echo -n %f | xclip -selection clipboard
>
> File pattenrn: *
> Appears if selection contains: mark all options (Directories, Text
> Files, etc.)
>
> Asign an icon and...
>
> Voilá! You can select a file or dir and get the complete url on your
> clipboard, ready to paste everywhere. ;)
>

> Note: you must have xclip installed.
>
> Good luck! ;)
> Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)

I can do this already by right clicking on a file name.

Then a selection pups up from which I can choose "Copy"
and then I have to do the same thing again to paste.

What I then get is not the file's name but the complete URL
including the file:// in front of the complete path.
Not what I asked for, just too much.

More important to me, this is the windows way.
I prefer the Linux/Unix way.

This was the reason I switched from KDE to Xfce.

More generally expressed, I would like to see the approved and
established behavior of X11 and Linux terminal windows to be preserved.

--
Klaus