ANNOUNCE: xfce4-volumed 0.1.4 released

Steve Dodier sidnioulz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 01:11:44 CET 2009

I implemented support for all libnotify daemons via
notify_notification_update in xfce4-volumed 0.1.5. I reckon I should have
done it from the beginning and apologize for not having thought about people
who were not using the apps I used.

My decision was first based upon the fact that with non-sync daemons, the
notification wouldn't always be shown synchronously if there are a lot of
notifications stacked, and upon the fact that anyway there was the mixer's
panel plugin. I must say that if this is true in Xubuntu, it's not for every
XFCE users. Thus, I was wrong.

Thanks Brian for having brought this problem to my attention. I hope you'll
enjoy xfce4-volumed with real libnotify support :)