Starting application when Camera is attached

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de
Sun Oct 4 22:34:48 CEST 2009

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 08:28:25 -0400, Jerry wrote:

[...]

> Oct  2 08:17:10 scorpio root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04a9 product 0x3065 bus uhub0
> Oct  2 08:17:10 scorpio kernel: ugen0: <Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera, class 255/255, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4> on uhub0
>
> Now, in the <SETTINGS> <REMOVABLE DRIVES & MEDIA> <CAMERAS>, I have
> placed this: "/usr/local/bin/lphoto". However, the program is
> never started. Perhaps it is not even the correct application for what
> I want.

Have you ever used that camera to download pictures via USB storage?
Canon cameras often do not support this. In this case, you can not the
procedure above to start a program if the camera is plugged in, because
it isn't a removable drive or media.

You might take a look at gphoto2 to download the photos from the
camera, or use a USB card reader.

Regards,
Tino