Starting application when Camera is attached

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 2 14:28:25 CEST 2009

Xfce 4 Desktop Environment
version 4.6.1 (Xfce 4.6)

Running on FreeBSD-7.2

I am probably doing this incorrectly. I want to download images from a
digital camera when I attach it to the PC. This is from the
'/var/log/messages' file:

Oct  2 08:17:10 scorpio root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x04a9 product 0x3065 bus uhub0
Oct  2 08:17:10 scorpio kernel: ugen0: <Canon Inc. Canon Digital Camera, class 255/255, rev 1.10/0.01, addr 4> on uhub0

Now, in the <SETTINGS> <REMOVABLE DRIVES & MEDIA> <CAMERAS>, I have
placed this: "/usr/local/bin/lphoto". However, the program is
never started. Perhaps it is not even the correct application for what
I want.

I would welcome any suggestions on how to go about downloading images
from a digital camera. I really do not want to depend on always using
Microsoft to accomplish it.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com