FC-4 installation -

Bruce Miller mistercool at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 9 19:45:28 CEST 2005

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Can anyone tell me exactly what to download, where to find it, and how
> to install xfce on my FC-4 system?

I've downloaded, but not yet burned & installed, fc4.

I understand that xfcd is supposed to have been moved to "fedora-extras",
but that the repositories for fedora-extras are supposed to be known by yum.

Although yum _sorely_ needs a gui interface (imho), it's still a
pretty handy tool for installing and updating.  It will automatically
check for dependencies and (optionally) load those too.
(I don't know how friendly it is over dialup, though).

Try something like:
   su
   yum install xfce\* xfwm\*
to install all xfce related packages