FC-4 installation -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sat Jul 9 18:18:39 CEST 2005

Can anyone tell me exactly what to download, where to find it, and how
to install xfce on my FC-4 system?

I'm learning how to use Gnome but that isn't what I intended.  Have
spent a number of hours downloading files via dial up, the only service
available in this rural area, but still can't satisfy all the dependencies.

The last attempt wanted pkgconfig, that didn't work either:

[root at box1 pkgconfig-0.15.0]# ./configure

checking how to run the C preprocessor... /lib/cpp
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Anu help appreciated.

Thanks.

Bob Goodwin