ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Mr Machine machinehasnoagenda at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 22:47:38 CEST 2005

Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> El lun, 15-08-2005 a las 10:11 -0600, Myles Green escribió:
>

>>Yes, I understand that part but what about variables that don't show up
>>in that list, how do I add them there? I tried clicking once on a
>>variable and then using the arrow keys to move up and down the list
>>(there are only 6 visible whereas the config file
>>~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xffm.xml now lists 14 including the 3 that
>>I added by hand) to see if there was someplace to add a new variable but
>>couldn't see any. The variables I wanted to set were not listed in the
>>GUI (and still aren't even though I added them to the config file).
>

> Ah, that would be a bug. Seems that the scroll bar got lost somewhere
> along the development line. I've got a tall (as opposed to wide) monitor
> so I never noticed. If you resize the window you should be able to work
> around the problem until it's fixed.

resizing the window doesn't help ... while the actual window grows, the
environment variable box stays the same size and doesn't show any new
options. i had to do the same thing as Myles (i thought that would make
them show up in the file manager settings, but it don't ... it still
works, though).

>>I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm alright with editing
>>config files by hand, it's just that someone who's new to Xfce might not
>>be aware of where to look. FWIW, I'm using Xfce version 4.3.x from SVN
>>and Xffm-4.3.3 also via SVN.

i've got pretty much exactly the same setup here (been keeping up with
svn for a few months now) ... gotta say, that XFCE is looking so damn
good i'm almost ready to shed tears of joy ... every time i think "gee,
if only XFCE did this ... ", the next day in subversion - it does!

ANOTHER BUG? i can't get any icons other than the default
"localhost.localdomain" "run" and "home". i've brought up the
"applications" window and tried dragging them from there ... when the
icon gets over the desktop, it makes what looks like a symlink symbol
over the cursor, so i drop it and it *sort of* looks like something is
going to appear on the desktop, but it never does.

btw - i've always wanted single-clicking in xffm ... but jesus, now that
i've got it i've forgotten how to use it! i can't stop double-clicking.
it's like a bad stutter.

shayne