ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Edscott Wilson Garcia edscott at xfce.org
Mon Aug 15 18:33:36 CEST 2005

El lun, 15-08-2005 a las 10:11 -0600, Myles Green escribió:

> Yes, I understand that part but what about variables that don't show up
> in that list, how do I add them there? I tried clicking once on a
> variable and then using the arrow keys to move up and down the list
> (there are only 6 visible whereas the config file
> ~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xffm.xml now lists 14 including the 3 that
> I added by hand) to see if there was someplace to add a new variable but
> couldn't see any. The variables I wanted to set were not listed in the
> GUI (and still aren't even though I added them to the config file).

Ah, that would be a bug. Seems that the scroll bar got lost somewhere
along the development line. I've got a tall (as opposed to wide) monitor
so I never noticed. If you resize the window you should be able to work
around the problem until it's fixed.

> I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm alright with editing
> config files by hand, it's just that someone who's new to Xfce might not
> be aware of where to look. FWIW, I'm using Xfce version 4.3.x from SVN
> and Xffm-4.3.3 also via SVN.

You should *not* have to edit the config files by hand. Developers many
times miss flaws in their programs because they just have never noticed
the problem. Your feed back can only help to improve the program.

BTW, complaints do not annoy me at all. If they are reasonable and point
out a defect in the software, as your comments are, they will be fixed
very soon.

--
Edscott Wilson Garcia <edscott at xfce.org>