ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Mon Aug 15 18:11:35 CEST 2005

Hi Edscott,

On Mon, 2005-15-08 at 10:27 -0500, Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> execute xfce-setting-show (from xffm-iconview, its the menu item that
> says "global configuration" at nearly the bottom). When it opens, click
> on the filemanager icon (this loads the xffm plugin). You will see three
> radio buttons, a couple check boxes and a list of environment variables.
> Move to the environment variable you wish to define and click once. This
> will select the row. Place the cursor over the "value" column and click
> again (no double click). This will make the entry of the column
> editable. Type in whatever value you have in mind and press return. Once
> you press return, every instance of xffm you are running will probably
> print a g_warning informing that such-and-such environment variable has
> changed.

Yes, I understand that part but what about variables that don't show up
in that list, how do I add them there? I tried clicking once on a
variable and then using the arrow keys to move up and down the list
(there are only 6 visible whereas the config file
~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xffm.xml now lists 14 including the 3 that
I added by hand) to see if there was someplace to add a new variable but
couldn't see any. The variables I wanted to set were not listed in the
GUI (and still aren't even though I added them to the config file).

I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm alright with editing
config files by hand, it's just that someone who's new to Xfce might not
be aware of where to look. FWIW, I'm using Xfce version 4.3.x from SVN
and Xffm-4.3.3 also via SVN.

Thanks again,
Myles

--