ANNOUNCE: xffm-4.3.3 released

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Mon Aug 15 23:12:29 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-16-08 at 06:47 +1000, Mr Machine wrote:
> Edscott Wilson Garcia wrote:
> > El lun, 15-08-2005 a las 10:11 -0600, Myles Green escribió:
> >

> >>Yes, I understand that part but what about variables that don't show up
> >>in that list, how do I add them there? I tried clicking once on a
> >>variable and then using the arrow keys to move up and down the list
> >>(there are only 6 visible whereas the config file
> >>~/.config/xfce4/mcs_settings/xffm.xml now lists 14 including the 3 that
> >>I added by hand) to see if there was someplace to add a new variable but
> >>couldn't see any. The variables I wanted to set were not listed in the
> >>GUI (and still aren't even though I added them to the config file).
> >

> > Ah, that would be a bug. Seems that the scroll bar got lost somewhere
> > along the development line. I've got a tall (as opposed to wide) monitor
> > so I never noticed. If you resize the window you should be able to work
> > around the problem until it's fixed.
> >

> resizing the window doesn't help ... while the actual window grows, the
> environment variable box stays the same size and doesn't show any new
> options. i had to do the same thing as Myles (i thought that would make
> them show up in the file manager settings, but it don't ... it still
> works, though).

I was just going to mention the 'variable box stays the same size' thing
but I guess now I don't have to ;-)

> >>I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm alright with editing
> >>config files by hand, it's just that someone who's new to Xfce might not
> >>be aware of where to look. FWIW, I'm using Xfce version 4.3.x from SVN
> >>and Xffm-4.3.3 also via SVN.
> >

> i've got pretty much exactly the same setup here (been keeping up with
> svn for a few months now) ... gotta say, that XFCE is looking so damn
> good i'm almost ready to shed tears of joy ... every time i think "gee,
> if only XFCE did this ... ", the next day in subversion - it does!
>
> ANOTHER BUG? i can't get any icons other than the default
> "localhost.localdomain" "run" and "home". i've brought up the
> "applications" window and tried dragging them from there ... when the
> icon gets over the desktop, it makes what looks like a symlink symbol
> over the cursor, so i drop it and it *sort of* looks like something is
> going to appear on the desktop, but it never does.

I noticed that too just a little while ago...

> btw - i've always wanted single-clicking in xffm ... but jesus, now that
> i've got it i've forgotten how to use it! i can't stop double-clicking.
> it's like a bad stutter.

LoL, I know w-what you mean =)

Best,
Myles (who really does stutter when very tired or nervous)

--
Robert M. Green :: Calgary AB Canada
Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid"