XFCE 4 updated in Debian package, latest version looks nice!

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Wed Aug 20 12:53:33 CEST 2003

Ken Moffat <kmoffat at drizzle.com> wrote:
> > When I did that, instead of seeing the CVS 0421 versions of stuff
> > that I'd seen before, I saw XFCE 4.0.0-1 final on lots of libraries
> > and XFCE packages, so I installed all of them, and it worked
> > beautifully.
> >

> I'll try it right now. Thanks.

Well, I tried it, and now I'm afraid to restart! [woeful grin]

I used the above, but the install generated some errors. When I ran
apt-get install again, it generated a flock of unmet dependencies. So I
tried apt-get -f install and got this at the end:
Unpacking libxfcegui4-1 (from .../libxfcegui4-1_4.0.0.final-1_i386.deb)
... dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libxfcegui4-1_4.0.0.final-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libxfcegui4.so.1.0.0', which is also in
package libxfcegui4 dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken
pipe) Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libxfcegui4-1_4.0.0.final-1_i386.deb

Ah, well, the joys of living on the bleeding edge.

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**