Odd UI effects

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Wed Aug 20 10:36:50 CEST 2003

In a previous message, John Pettigrew <john at pettigrew.org.uk> wrote:

> I have the system tray in my panel. The only app I have that uses this is
> Gaim. However, the system tray is often two or three times the necessary
> size, as though there were other invisible programs there.

So that people can see what I mean, I've put a litle screenshot up on my site
(http://www.xl-cambridge.com/egc/XFce_screen.png - 36K). This seems to be
related to starting gaim on starting XFce (using the Autostart directory),
because if I quit and restart Gaim, it usually has the correct size of systray
(i.e. no blank space), but sometimes has one extra "slot" - half the blank
space shown in the screenie.

Does anyonem else see something like this in the Panel System Tray?

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price