Odd UI Effects and Session Manager

John Pettigrew john at pettigrew.org.uk
Sat Aug 16 20:59:13 CEST 2003

In a previous message, Erick <invitebmx at cox-internet.com> wrote:

> What are your settings in the "Keyboard and focus" tab in the "Window
> Manager Preferences" dialog box?

Click to focus
Automatically give focus...
Don't automatically raise on focus
Don't raise when clicking inside app window.

> > Second, I have the system tray in my panel. The only app I have that uses
> > this is Gaim. However, the system tray is often two or three times the
> > necessary size, as though there were other invisible programs there.
>
> Hmm.. I have seen somthing similar where gaim does not show up in the system
> tray on the panel (it will show up on the task bar!) even though I have
> upgraded to 0.66 and enabled the system tray plug in.

I'm also using 0.66, BTW - sorry for not specifying!

Unfortunately (!), I prefer my system tray in the panel. I'm not actually
using the taskbar any more (I prefer the iconbox).

John
--
John Pettigrew                         Headstrong Games
john at headstrong-games.co.uk            Fun : Strategy : Price