Odd UI Effects and Session Manager

Erick invitebmx at cox-internet.com
Sat Aug 16 17:49:38 CEST 2003

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:22:24 +0100
> From: John Pettigrew <john at pettigrew.org.uk>
> Subject: Odd UI effects
> To: xfce at xfce.org
>
> I am seeing a few odd things starting to happen now I'm using XFce4 (rc2) and
> I was wondering whether anyone else saw them, or whether it's my system.
>
> The first is that I often have to click twice to get the focus into a window,
> even when I've only removed focus from it by clicking the window border. ISTR
> reading something about a similar problem in the XFce pages, but I can't find
> it ATM and, in any case, I think that was talking about the panel and this is
> not related to the panel.

What are your settings in the "Keyboard and focus" tab in the "Window
Manager Preferences" dialog box?

> Second, I have the system tray in my panel. The only app I have that uses this
> is Gaim. However, the system tray is often two or three times the necessary
> size, as though there were other invisible programs there.

Hmm.. I have seen somthing similar where gaim does not show up in the
system tray on the panel (it will show up on the task bar!) even though
I have upgraded to 0.66 and enabled the system tray plug in.

> Has anyone else seen these?
>
> John

Has anyone seen this when starting XFce4 from a terminal window with X
already started?

        which: no xfce4-0session in
        /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome2/bin:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/java/jre/bin:/opt/ghnome/bin:.

Where can I get a session manager or how can I specify a path to a
session manger?

Take care.

Erick Taft emtaft at cox-internet.com