Dillo 0.7.3 rpms

Mark Welker welker at kmbs.com
Fri Aug 8 03:40:38 CEST 2003

Rich Shepard wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Joe Klemmer wrote:
>

>>	Heh, works for me.  I've been using the checkinstall utility to make
>>the roms and it has the ability to make deb's and Slack tgz packages.
>>It's supposed to be able to do this on any system so I might look into
>>trying to make packages for all three systems (some day).
>>

>Joe,
>
>  I _think_ there's a command line option that tells checkinstall to build
>the package but not install it. I've used it on the RH 7.3 system to build
>rpms and enter them in the database and on the Slack 9.0 system to build
>those packages. Haven't tried cross-fertilization.
>
>Rich
>
>Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
>
>                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
>            2404 SW 22nd Street | Troutdale, OR 97060-1247 | U.S.A.
> + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard@appl-ecosys.com
>                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/
>
>.

Hi Richard,

I think you have something there.
If you are going to make bianarys you should do it for the distro you
are using.
It may not work on other distro's no matter what program you are using
to make them.

How do you tests what you have made if you don't have another box with
that distro?
If you can not test the bianary it I don't think you should release it.