Failure to Compile

Lane P. Lester llester at simpub.com
Tue Aug 5 17:21:36 CEST 2003

Biju Chacko <biju_chacko at vsnl.net> wrote:
> do a fresh checkout or d/l the RC2 tarballs and do a
> './configure && make && sudo make install'.

I tried an update-xfce -A again, but it bombed again at the panel step:
Making all in panel
make[2]: Entering directory `/root/xfce-devel/xfce4/panel'
Makefile:350: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/xfce-devel/xfce4/panel'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/xfce-devel/xfce4'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Error: Compilation of "xfce4" failed.

So I compiled RC2, and that went fine. It's very tedious doing each of
the packages separately. Do you guys have a preferred way of doing that,
other than by writing a script with a bunch of cd's and './configure &&
make && sudo make install's in it?

Lane
____
Lane P. Lester / Madison County, Georgia
**Running Linux more and Windows less**