Panel and taskbar integration?

Joe Klemmer klemmerj at webtrek.com
Mon Aug 4 21:55:45 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 14:53, Paul Ladouceur wrote:

> I was only worrying about have less XFCE users because of this
> "Standard-full-width-pannel-fashion"...

	If you want my opinion (I know, I know...  But I'm going to give it
anyway), one thing that this, or any Software Libre, project should not
be concerned with is the idea of gaining or losing users.  XFce isn't
about trying to get people to switch from GNOME or KDE (or anything
else).  It's about developing and building a desktop environment that
fits the ideas and goals of the people who work on and with it.  I use
XFce because I like the way it does things.  I happen to like CDE so my
desktop looks quite CDE'ish, but I know that Olivier and Jas and Bennie
and everyone else's systems will not look or feel like mine.  If someone
likes and wants to use GNOME or KDE or fvwm or even twm then that's just
fine with me.  People should use the tools and apps and systems that
best suite their needs and personality.  XFce (both 3 and 4) kick @$$
and do wondrous things for me.  And that's all that matters.

--
Joe Klemmer <klemmerj at webtrek.com>
Unix System/Network Administrator & Ad Hoc Programmer