xffm - Dragging files problem...

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sun Aug 3 20:55:35 CEST 2003

On jue, 2003-07-31 at 23:21, Paul Ladouceur wrote:
> I stumble uppon an anoying file manipulation way with xffm:
>
> When I select a file (or multiple files) and want to drag them in a
> directory shown within the window's pane... Everything's OK.
>
> But we can't drag files to directory that are outside the current
> window's pane.
>
> Hope you understand well what i'm trying to say...
>
> Normally (for mouse manipulation of file within a windows), the window
> is supposed to scroll when a dragged item is touching the upper or lower
> border of the window... Right-now, it doesn't work like that, so I have
> to open two xffm windows to be able to drag files/directories even if I
> move them just the next or preceding directory...

Or you can also open the second pane (press tab key) and have the second
treeview scrolled to a different place.

> Is this the way you want xffm to behave? To always open 2 xffm windows
> to be able to move/copy items?

So far 2 windows or two panes. Making the treeview scroll with mouse
events had not ocurred to anyone yet, but it sure does seems like a good
idea. Perhaps a bit tricky to implement. If you have any patch or coding
suggestion (maybe gleaned from another application), we would appreciate
the contribution.

regards,

Edscott