Shameless Promotion

Ms. Amelia S. Greene amelia at barelyaprincess.com
Sat Jul 16 06:17:04 CEST 2022

Hello XFCE devs,

So I was told I should make an introduction post on the mailing list if I wished to start contributing, so here it goes.

My name is Amelia. I'm an avid Linux user of 15+ years. However, I have to say the XFCE desktop environment most of all. As of late I was disappointed to see Ristretto (the best image viewer) was lacking the ability for the user to customize what the double-click and scroll-wheel does - the default full screen and change image functions are not practical for myself. So I decided to implement my own preferences for such a feature. It took me about a day to get familiar with the source code for Ristretto, but before long I had a perfectly working solution. However, I felt it was a huge waste if I couldn't at least share it with the OSS community I love so much. So here I am making my first attempt to start compiling a pull request for the git repo. I look forward to sharing my code.

Sincerely,

Amelia