Xfce project and financial contributions

Kevin Bowen kevin.bowen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 02:56:15 CEST 2021

Thanks for the input Bruno.

I think part of what you wrote neatly summarizes my concerns/criteria in
finding a suitable alternative to bountysource. I definitely do not wish
to place an undue administrative burden on the devs by using an org that
requires providing tax papers(e.g. 1099s) upfront. Especially since many
of these folks are located outside of the U.S. So, they have already
been disqualified, in my opinion. The GitHub Sponsors program would be
one of those, for example (among other reasons for not wanting to use
them ;-)). Many of the programs that I have been looking use PayPal, or
Stripe as a backend for fiscal disbursement. That is pretty common
denominator with many of the candidates.

I think Andre, in a separate mail, has addressed some of your other points.

And just for the sake of clarity/transparency. Here is the list, in no
particular order of importance, of the organizations that I have been
researching besides opencollective.com:

Patreon Developer https://www.patreon.com/developers
GoFundMe
liberapay https://liberapay.com/