Infrastructure Upgrades/Changes: Git(ea)

Vinzenz Vietzke vinz at vinzv.de
Mon Oct 9 21:20:56 CEST 2017

Am 09.10.2017 um 21:07 schrieb Matthew Brush:
>> Again - and without irony! - it's nice if you participate in the
>> discussion
>> in a lively way, but please focus on the proposal at hand. If you want to
>
> As I haven't seen any previous discussion and the most obvious and
> popular choices seem (if you only read the mailing list) to have been
> unjustly dismissed without reason, I didn't realize any decisions had
> been firmly made (in private) and all other options were completely out
> of scope. Otherwise I wouldn't have even mentioned Github, even though I
> have first hand experience with projects that moved there where it
> dramatically increased productivity and contributions, two things that
> Xfce suffers from acutely.
>
> Anyway, I'm done talking about this. I tried to be encouraging and
> thankful, and I feel like I'm being scorned for that.

At least for me the points you raised were helpful. I think it's very
good to have someone playing the devil's advocate on such essential
decisions to be taken.

That said, I got Simon's reply the way that he and other core devs
really encourage the discussion but have done some evaluation
previously. But as it's an ongoing process where the team in charge
still has to explain some of their presets.
So you shouldn't feel scorned for raising issues and points.

Regards,
vinz.
--
Xfce.space | skyrocket your desktop usage
https://xfce.space