Infrastructure Upgrades/Changes: Git(ea)

Vinzenz Vietzke vinz at vinzv.de
Mon Oct 9 21:10:02 CEST 2017

Am 09.10.2017 um 16:49 schrieb Simon Steinbeiss:
> Also if you have previous experiences with Gitea and think it's
> good/bad/proven-in-use etc that would also be very well-received!
> We're not 100% sold on Gitea, but the benefits are that we can quite
> instantly start working with it.

I had both GitLab and Gitea (or at least Gogs, where it's forked from)
running on some small host with 2 vCPUs and 6 GB dedicated RAM. Both of
them had the same jobs to manage:

- 15 repos (some of them with lots of binaries)
- 1 user
- no forking, no issues, no teams etc.

Whilst GitLab hogged all the ressources up to being nearly unuseable
Gitea had an impressively low footprint. Of course it could be that I
didn't optimize the configuration well enough but at least that's what I
experienced with out of the box setups.

Now, don't get me wrong: GitLab is awesome! But keep in mind that it is
a feature-packed thing which has it's needs.

Regards,
vinz.
--
Xfce.space | skyrocket your desktop usage
https://xfce.space