Proposal: reorganizing i18n

Vinzenz Vietzke vinz at vinzv.de
Sat Nov 4 20:35:07 CET 2017

Hi there,

yes, I'm here. ;)

As Simon gave me admin rights for Transifex I recently started cleaning
up the join and language requests. I contacted translators requesting
languages already available and accepted join requests for language teams.

Regards the mailing lists "merge":
I think we should inform all lists but give them different time spans
until the list is deleted. For semi-active lists maybe 14 days, for
inactive just 7 days?
I just started writing an info mail for semi active lists. DE and EN is
already in shape but anyone willing to translate BR or FR - feel free to
join the etherpad:
https://pad.xfce.space/p/i18n-maillist-info

In general I tried to boil things down and place it onto the wiki for
documentation reasons. Anything missing should be placed there:
https://wiki.xfce.org/translations/reorganizing#working_tasks_resources_short_term

Best regards,
vinz.