[Thunar-dev] Introduction

Simon Steinbeiss simon at xfce.org
Thu Feb 9 23:17:32 CET 2017

Hi Francesco,

yes, 0-feature was the goal for the core components at least. As you can
see from some of the Xfce apps I've worked on recently I wouldn't extend it
to those (e.g. notifyd has seen some bigger features). Anyhow, only certain
core components are bound to the overall Xfce release cycle (not even
power-manager, even though it's in the core section, is part if it).

Also the longer the process of porting and getting to a releasable 4.14
takes we'll see whether the maintainers won't decide to also take advantage
of features of the new toolkit at least.
Finally I don't consider the 0-feature statement a strict rule or a dogma
but a best practice to get to 4.14 quickly and in the most stable way.

Just my 2 cents,
Simon