[wip] gigolo port to gtk3

Roland Kuebert roland at upic.de
Mon Jun 20 22:43:24 CEST 2016

Hi Landry,

On 20/06/16 21:09, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Enrico Tröger <enrico at xfce.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> this evening i wanted to do more porting to gtk3.. and gigolo was
>>> waiting for me. I have to admit i never looked at the code before, but
>>> it's very well structured, and it's been quite easy to get it to a state
>>> where it builds and basically runs.
>>>
>>> There's still of course lots of deprecated symbols still in use, and i
>>> need to properly fix/do the GtkApplication unique dance, and waaayyy
>>> more testing, but so that the work isnt lost, i've pushed it to a user
>>> repo at http://git.xfce.org/users/landry/gigolo/
>>>
>>> Enrico, if you feel like giving it a shot..
>>> I've updated https://wiki.xfce.org/releng/4.14/roadmap#applications.
>>
>> Woohoo, looks great.
>> I noticed only one thing: the main box which contains the icon view and
>> tree view is too small, IIRC there was some change in GTK3 regarding
>> default packing behaviour in GtkBox'es.
>>
>> Attached is a trivial patch which sets the expand flag to the container
>> so it will look properly again.
>> Though I'm not sure if this is the best approach, I'm not really
>> familiar with GTK3.
>
> Not really familiar either, but i had solved it this way:
> http://git.xfce.org/users/landry/gigolo/commit/?id=dd0e669bfd2df91ccad081f4a3c4fdf1a6b70a38
> For me only the treeview was 'shrunk', not the icon view.
>
> Since then i converted some stuff from deprecated to non-deprecated APIs,
> and still on the line there's:
>
> - GtkImageMenuItem -> ?
> - GtkAction -> GAction ?
> - GtkStatusIcon -> ?
> - GtkUIManager -> no replacement ?
> - Still some GtkStock warnings
>
> But feature-wise, it should still work. More testing is always welcome
> of course...

first time ever using gigolo... ;)

I had the same issue as Enrico (main box too small) but his patch fixed
it for me. Apart from that, looks fine to me.

Btw, GTK version is 3.20.6.

Cheers

Roland

--
Dr.-Ing. Roland Kübert

UPIC GmbH, Schwarzwaldstr.9, D 63811 Stockstadt/Main
Tel: +49 6027 1255, Fax: +49 6027 3565

PGP Key ID: 0x5B2E9B25
Fingerprint: 5C43 8896 F360 18E1 E86A 7693 CD2C 3817 5B2E 9B25