Need help?

Filipp Andjelo filipp.andjelo at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:05:30 CEST 2015

Hi guys,

first of all, I'm a happy user of XFCE for a long time, thank you all
for your effort. However, any software contains bugs and in the open
source world help is usually appreciated. I heard, that XFCE community
needs it and found two small, but annoying bugs to start with. I
analyzed the problems, supplied patches in bugzilla (please see #10331
and #11742), notified this in the IRC xfce-dev, but nobody, really
nobody is interested in it. How can that be?! Do you need help or not?
This was just a trial, but I'm probably able to fix more stuff, however
after such experience  nobody would like to do anything. I'd like not to
imagine how many helpers went after such treatment already, but I still
want to know, is anybody here really interested in help? Until now, the
only answer I got, was to fork XFCE for myself and play alone, but I
don't think this is the way open source is meant to be... otherwise I
just see a deadend for  this wonderful peace of software.

Cheers,
Filipp