Window previews in xfwm4

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:10:28 CET 2015

Hi

I haven't looked much at the code, but using XGetImage and XImage
conversion seem inappropriate here.

Using a compositor, all client windows are unredirected, meaning they
are rendered to an offscreen pixmap already, and the compositor has
all that's required already, it "knows" about all this so all you need
to do is to add hooks in the compositor to retrieve this and use that
picture, that's all. Metacity's compositor was based originally on
xfwm4's and had that feature up until not too long ago (not sure it's
still there), you should look there for an example.

Also, please note that the gtk_ prefix is for gtk alone.

Cheers,
Olivier