Window previews in xfwm4

Sonal Santan sonal.santan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 15:08:13 CET 2015

Hello,

IMHO this implementation fits very well with the existing infrastructure in
tabwin which expects a GdkPixbuf to draw onto the window buttons, requiring
minimal changes overall. I do agree that in an ideal world we would not use
XGetImage to capture the contents of the preview pixmap but directly render
the preview over a picture provided by the preview client. But that would
require more changes. Also, I believe this implementation is inline with my
original proposal of using XImage as a mechanism to exchange previews to
clients. The images are small so the overhead should not be huge.

Can we go ahead with the current design for now while I will look at
optimizing the implementation as a future step?

-Sonal