Establishing GTK3 port "rules" (and some q.s)

ikey ikey at evolve-os.com
Fri Feb 20 18:12:16 CET 2015

So presenting the gtk 2.24 image menu item isn't much use here.
But I agree, in essence its really not difficult to provide a
replacement image menu item for the porting process.

If it makes 1:1 porting easier, then fine (most likely YES)
However, the comment about stock items stand, they're not to
be used at all.

So what's needed is an xfce image menu item replacement, which
*correctly* integrates.. and uses GtkImage internally, and does
not allow stock usage.

Either way.. this does not need to degrade into a fight about desktops.
Might I also add LXDE is Qt, Unity is Qt with its own GUI toolkit, and
MATE is in-between-lands as well as specifically existing as a fork
of GNOME2, thus none relate to the context of porting XFCE to GTK3
at all.

Simple simple question: Do people still need an image menu item?
 From responses it looks like we should provide something for
compatibility for now. Doesn't need to be anymore complicated than
this.

- ikey